In July 2006, through its founder, Michael Knill, a business was born. Its goal was to provide Internet Protocol (IP) communications solutions to organisations hence the name IPC Solutions.
Michael initially provided consulting and professional services to large organisations and Government departments where a number of considerable size projects were successfully undertaken.
In around 2008, Michael began experimenting with Open Source communications and was so excited at its possibilities, that he began to build his own communications solution. This solution was deployed to a number of small businesses throughout the next few years and soon proved its worth.
Driven by the frustration of working on costly, over complicated and inefficient systems, Michael finished his last contract in early 2017 to move his vision to action.
This vision seeks to bring high value communication solutions within the reach of small to medium enterprises which are feature rich yet easy to use, flexible yet reliable, value for money but not cheap.
We would love you to join us in the journey.
By defining our everyday approach to how we conduct business, our values stand at the core of whom we are and what we do.
- We give the client value for money
- The client knows their business better than we do
- Our engagement with a client represents a partnership toward a common goal
- The best solution always comes before the best sale
- Do it right the first time
- Honesty and integrity come before company profits
Please let us know if you think we are not conducting our business with these values.
Founder & CEO
Michael has provided technical and strategic leadership to major Unified Communications and network refresh projects in both Australia and New Zealand and his breadth of knowledge and experience is in high demand as a consultant.
Michael’s 25 years of telecommunications experience includes a solid grounding with Telstra, EDS and IBM as well as many years of hands-on experience with mid-sized organisations and government agencies. Michael’s ability to think strategically and provide hand-on practical leadership means that he is able to construct strategies and architectures that deliver highly effective solutions.
Michael Knill obtained the prestigious Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification (Routing and Switching) in 2002 and also holds a number of other Cisco specialisations. After 10 years as a CCIE, Michael Knill is now considered a veteran and has CCIE Emeritus status.
Some Key projects include:
- Principal Solution Designer for the Telecommunications Transition Project of a 50,000 user government department.
- Voice and Video Architect for a number of projects within the Department of Defence.
- Lead Technical Architect for the communications infrastructure upgrade of a 9000 user government department.
- Lead Technical Architect for the communications infrastructure upgrade of a 1000 user New Zealand government department.